Today’s post is a bit different from what I normally post on this blog, but for good reason.
Apparently, I’m “inspiring” to a few people, Lenie Hokansson included, as she just bestowed The Very Inspiring Blogger Award upon me. Now, I have known Lenie for a while, and have helped her on many occasions, so the God’s-honest-truth is that she really DOES find me inspiring.
And even though she linked to Wording Well in her post, she’s okay with me accepting it over here, since I’m the same person… regardless of where I am! 😉
My Almost-Refusal to Accept this Award
Blogging awards don’t mean much to seasoned bloggers, but to newbie bloggers, they’re fun to do… and an honour.
Truthfully, I wasn’t going to accept this award. Not here, not on Wording Well, not anywhere.
But then I thought of Lenie’s feelings. I knew she’d be hurt if I refused.
And I like Lenie. Really, I do. She’s awesome!
Plus, I thought it would be neat to rest my mind and return the feelings I once felt when blogging. Before it became part of my “job.” You know, when there were no expectations, when it was actually FUN?
I don’t want to get to the point where I think certain things are “beneath me,” even if they are…
I also want to pass on some of the love I’ve received from other bloggers, even if THEY refuse to accept.
So, here we are, with another blogging awards post to saturate the already-saturated world wide web!
Oh, and the fact that I’ve been so busy with my business lately and sort of needed a “filler” post for today was not a factor at all in my decision to accept this award. 😉
Besides, I have proof that I’m an inspiration to others. I mean, when you LITERALLY save someone’s life, how can you not be considered an inspiration?!
Being called “Inspiring,” therefore, is an honour, not a detriment!
The Four Easy Rules of The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
If you accept this nomination, you are asked to follow the rules attached to the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking to his/her blog
- Display the award logo somewhere in your acceptance post (right-click and save it to your computer, then upload it to your blog)
- Reveal 7 things about yourself
- Pass on the award to others by nominating 12 people, linking to them within your post, and then notifying them about their nominations (which can be done through email, a blog comment, or social media)
Seven B-B-Boring Things About Lorraine Reguly (yeah, me)
- I’m a certified English teacher.
- I live in Ontario, Canada.
- I have a son, and am a single mom.
- My son is now an adult, so parenting has gotten a lot easier!
- I self-published Risky Issues in 2014.
- I began freelancing in 2013, got my own website in 2014, and registered my business in 2015.
- I recently added website consultations and blog coaching to the writing and editing services I provide.
Seven Sh-Sh-Shocking Things about Lorraine Reguly (again, me)
Hold onto your hats, folks. You’re gonna be shocked at some of my reveals!
Please don’t judge me by my past, though. I’m a different person today.
- I was raped when I was a 14-year-old virgin.
- I turned to drugs and promiscuity to cope with the devastation I felt.
- I had an abortion when I was 16.
- I got pregnant again at 17. This time, I kept my baby.
- I performed sexual acts for money.
- I smoked crack for ten months.
- I’m 43. Seriously. I have always looked younger, though!
I’m pleased to say I’m proud of how far I’ve come in my life.
Elna Cain from Innovative Ink
Gina Horkey of Horkey Handbook
Christy Birmingham from Poetic Parfait and When Women Inspire (either site can accept this award!)
Sylviane Nuccio – I’m still developing my relationship with Sylviane, but from all accounts, she’s a great lady who is a former actress!
UPDATE: Sylviane allowed me to share some of my life story with her. Read RAPE DRUGS AND PROSTITUTION – ONE BLOGGER’S JOURNEY TO SUCCESS.
Maxwell Ivey A.K.A. The Blind Blogger – Everyone should know Max by now. He’s not the only blind blogger there is, but he’s truly the most inspiring, due to his massive weight loss and ability to begin not one but two online business AND self-publish a motivational and inspirational book: Leading You Out Of The Darkness Into The Light: A Blind Man’s Inspirational Guide to Success.
Enstine Muki – a money blogger and a tech genius!
Kevin Duncan of Be A Better Blogger – who went from being a nobody to a somebody in the blogosphere practically overnight!
Ryan Biddulph from Blogging from Paradise – who is island-hopping as we speak. Yeah, he’s living the good life!
Kerry Kijewski from Her Headache – Kerry is a beautiful, blind writer. I had the pleasure of doing an in-depth interview with her and learning what a fabulous woman she is. She has talent like nobody’s business. Just read her account of her ice-skating experiences, and you’ll see what I mean.
Andrew Warner from Shade of Info – who recently featured me in one of his blog posts about why we read blog posts!
Who Do You Think Is Inspiring?
While awards posts have gotten a bad rap over the years, featured bloggers posts sure are becoming more popular.
To me, this kind of makes no sense, as the principles are basically the same for each type: links to other bloggers are given and the word about others is spread.
So, really think twice about accepting this award, everyone.
It’s not going to kill you to do so!
Besides, it’s cool to find out who YOU think is an inspirtation… and why.