- be bloggers (a feat in itself)
- be business owners (you are a business if you are an author; your business is your brand; your name is your brand)
- be on social media (you have to be able to connect with others, including your fans)
- be marketers (otherwise, how will others learn about your books?)
- be up-to-date on the ever-growing industry of publishing (you need to stay informed)
I’m sure there are a few things missing from this list, too. It’s also hard to do things by yourself. Ask me, I know. I do it all! (And I probably will, as it’s cheaper to do things myself instead of paying someone else to do things for me!)
However, when I’m rich and famous, maybe I’ll be able to hire others to help. 😉
Until then, join me on my writing journey. I’ll share what I’ve learned.
And I’ll help you get published, too. 🙂
Then you can reach for the stars and soar high!
Author: Lorraine Reguly
Lorraine Reguly, BA/BEd, is an author and an English teacher-turned-freelancer for hire who offers 4 different services on Wording Well: writing (including blogging and ghostwriting); editing; and mentoring. She also helps others become published authors! Check out her services and see what she can do for you to help you!